Chennai, Dec 8 (IANS) Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ) and two Adani (NS: APSE ) group companies -- Adani Transmission (NS: ADAI ) and Adani Enterprises (NS: ADEL ) -- were the biggest, fastest and most consistent wealth creators between 2017 and 2022, said a study by Motilal Oswal (NS: MOFS ) Financial Services Ltd.
According to the study, Adani Enterprises and Adani Transmission are also the top all-round wealth creators.
During 2017-22, the top 100 wealth creators of India Inc created wealth amounting to Rs 92.2 lakh crore, the highest ever so far, Motilal Oswal said.
The Motilal Oswal 27th Annual Wealth Creation Study 2022 analysed the top 100 wealth creating companies between 2017 and 2022.
Wealth created is calculated as change in the market cap of companies between 2017 and 2022 (ending March), duly adjusted for corporate events such as mergers, de-mergers, fresh issuance of capital, buyback etc.
The study identifies the fastest, biggest and most consistent wealth creators, the company said.
For the fourth time in a row, Reliance Industries has emerged the largest wealth creator over 2017-22, taking RIL's overall No.1 tally to nine in the last 16 five-year study periods.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.