By Sam Boughedda
Investing.com — At the end of the day on Friday, biotech firm Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: REGN ) announced a share repurchase program of up to $3 billion.
The company, whose shares closed the week at $631.20 and up 0.7% for the day, said the program is part of its broader capital allocation strategy to maximize shareholder value.
"With the strength of our balance sheet and our business, we see this as an opportunity to continue to invest in Regeneron," said Robert E. Landry, executive vice president and chief financial officer of Regeneron.
The company told shareholders that repurchases would be made at management's discretion through various methods, such as open-market transactions, privately negotiated transactions, accelerated share repurchases, and other transactions.
The program has no time limit, and no shares have been repurchased under the program yet.
The company still has $1.8 million remaining available for share repurchases under the previous $1.5 billion share repurchase program it announced in January.
Earlier today, Regeneron revealed that the European Commission has approved the casirivimab and imdevimab Covid-19 antibody cocktail, known as REGEN-COV.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.