On Monday, the shares of one of India’s largest real estate developers rose 2.5 percent to Rs 1,578.55 per share after the company sold about 670 homes worth Rs 2000 crore in its new housing project in Noida.
At 1:35 p.m., Godrej Properties (NS: GODR ) Ltd shares were trading at Rs 1,573.90 per share, up Rs 34.80 or 2.28 percent on NSE from the previous close price. The company has a market capitalization of Rs 43,826 crore.
The company sold around 670 homes worth over INR 2,000 crore in their new project Godrej Tropical Isle, which was launched in August 2023, within nine months of the purchase of land from the Noida authorities in November 2022.
“This is Godrej Properties’ most successful ever launch in terms of the value and volume of sales achieved. The project was launched in August 2023 within nine months of the purchase of land through an e-auction conducted by Noida Authority in November 2022,” the company said in a regulatory filing.
This Godrej project provides access to high-quality social infrastructure and is in close proximity to commercial infrastructure like – Noida SEZ, entertainment hubs, Film City, etc.
The Godrej Properties return on equity increased from 4.06 percent in FY22 to 6.16 percent in FY23, while the return on capital employed rose from 8.91 percent to 10.84 percent during the same period.
Godrej Properties shares have delivered returns of 53 percent in the last six months and 35 percent in a year.
The company’s revenue has increased by 280 percent yearly, from Rs 244 crore in Q1FY23 to Rs 936 crore in Q1FY24. In the same time frame, the company’s net profit declined by 10 percent, from Rs 94 crore to Rs 84 crore.
The company margins are in a strong position with net profit margin at 29.36 percent and operating margin at 44.85 percent.
As of FY 22-23, the company’s promoters hold a 58.48 percent stake, foreign institutional investors hold 28.85 percent, and domestic institutional investors hold a 4.29 percent stake in the company.
Written by Omkar Chitnis
The post Real Estate stock jumps 3.5% after it sold around 670 homes worth ₹ 2,000 Cr in Noida appeared first on Trade Brains.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.