By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of the stainless steel pipes and tubes manufacturer Ratnamani Metals & Tubes (NS: RMT ) surged 4.73% to Rs 1,760 apiece at the time of writing, after zooming over 15% in early trade on Thursday.
The stock touched a fresh 52-week high at Rs 1,913.7/share in the session and was the only scrip listed in the Nifty Metal index that traded in the green. Of all the sectoral indices under the Nifty basket, Nifty Metal slumped the most, down 1.1%.
The metal scrip jumped as it began trading ex-bonus, starting Thursday, a day ahead of its bonus record date.
The mid-cap company’s board had approved a bonus issue in the ratio of 1:2 on May 18, 2022, which means that for every two shares held by the eligible shareholder of the company, one additional share will be awarded.
The company underlined that the bonus shares will only be credited to the members holding the equity shares as on the record date, i.e., July 1, 2022.
The stainless steel pipes manufacturing stock has outperformed the headline index Sensex , jumping almost 50% over the past 6 months, compared to an 8% fall registered by the benchmark index.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.