"He wanted a new born baby to have an insurance cover from the day it was born without any waiting period. Jhunjhunwala also wanted the company's telemedicine facility to be available to all and not just for our policyholders. We also came out with an upgraded insurance policy for diabetic complications. We implemented all his suggestions," Dr. S.Prakash, Managing Director told IANS.
Prakash said Jhunjhunwala was a firm believer in making a social impact through insurance and wanted to invest in hospitals where people could be served.
At the board meetings, Jhunjhunwala will be very tough. He will read between and through the lines. But outside the boardroom, he was an affectionate individual, Prakash added.
According to Prakash, Star Health's association with Jhunjhunwala began seven years ago.
"He invested in the company during the financial year 2018-19. He had the highest confidence in the company. While talking over the phone, he would continue trading and would not miss out anything and would also ask questions," Prakash recalled.
According to Prakash, the one thing that Jhunjhunwala insisted on was to play fairly at the marketplace to scale industry heights.
"During the Covid-19 pandemic Jhunjhunwala insisted to do justice to all the policyholders," Prakash added.
(Venkatachari Jagannathan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.