Radhakishan Damani Raises Stake in Portfolio Brewery Stock in Q1
By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Star investor Radhakishan Damani has added a fresh stake in the alcohol manufacturing giant United Breweries (NS: UBBW ) in the first quarter of FY23 via investment arm Derive Trading and Resorts.
According to the latest shareholding pattern released by United Breweries, ace investor Radhakishan Damani’s Derive Trading and Resorts added 56,544 equity shares of the brewery company during the June 2022 quarter, translating to a 0.02% stake.
Consequently, Damani’s trading company held a 1.23% stake in the alcohol manufacturer or 32,52,378 shares, as of June 30, 2022. In the March 2022 quarter, the trading company held 31,95,834 shares or a 1.21% stake in the alcohol manufacturer.
Companies have to compulsorily release the names of all the shareholders holding at least a 1% stake in the company, every quarter.
The ace investor’s overall wealth eroded by about Rs 26,000 crore in Q1 FY23, his portfolio tumbling 14% in the period, according to data from Trendlyne and ACE Equity.
Of the total fortune lost in the quarter, the biggest drag was contributed by Damani’s flagship company Avenue Supermarts (NS: AVEU ), where he owns 65.2% as a promoter. The retail giant’s stock plummeted 15% in the period, wiping off about Rs 25,462.5 crore of the ace investor’s wealth.
Read More: 25% of RK Damani’s Wealth Wiped Out in Q1 FY23; 4 Portfolio Stocks Added Gains
Damani publicly holds 14 stocks with a net worth of over Rs 173,398.1, as per Trendlyne data.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
This is really an attention seeking article. Damani buying 50K shares is no newsLike 0
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or