Evercore ISI analyst reiterated an In Line rating and $140.00 price target on Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM ).
The analyst comments "QCOM this morning announced that it has entered into an agreement with Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL ) to supply Snapdragon 5G Modem‑RF Systems for smartphone launches in 2024, 2025 and 2026. QCOM now assumes 20% share of chipset supply for the iPhone launch in 2H26. This is a clear change statement vs. management’s prior vision for “minimal” contribution from AAPL modem revenues in FY25 (beginning October 2024). Our Take: We had indeed anticipated that QCOM would remain the sole-source supplier of AAPL’s 5G modem in the iPhone 16 Series due in 2HCY24, given indications that AAPL’s in-house 5G modem development challenges were continuing. So, 5G Modem revenues are already in our model, which extends through CY24-end. That said, the multi-year continuation of this supply agreement into CY25 offers a much clearer runway to QCOM EPS reacceleration into the next cyclical upturn across Handsets and IoT, as we believe that QCOM’s iPhone modem business accounts for roughly ~$2-$3 in annualized EPS. We intend to offer additional thoughts on CY25 earnings power in the coming weeks, ahead of QCOM’s September Q earnings report, but for now, a clear incremental positive for QCOM shares."
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.