By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- PVR (NS: PVRL ): The movie theatre chain has reported weak Q2 earnings, posting a higher-than-expected loss of Rs 71.23 crore, down 53% YoY, as flop show for Bollywood movies and limited Hollywood releases hit the average gross collection and ticket prices.
Tata Coffee (NS: TACO ): Its consolidated net profit skyrocketed 317.6% YoY to Rs 142.4 crore in Q2 and sales gained 30.7% YoY to Rs 718 crore, led by improved price realisations and better performance of plantation and instant coffee businesses, among others.
ACC (NS: ACC ): The Adani (NS: APSE ) Group-led cement maker witnessed a consolidated net loss of Rs 87.3 crore compared to a profit of Rs 450.2 crore in the year-ago period, led by a steep jump in fuel and power costs. Total expenses surged 30% YoY to Rs 4,162 crore.
HeidelbergCement (ETR: HEIG ) India: Its net profit plunged 88.23% YoY to Rs 7.01 crore in Q2 due to lower sales volume, while total revenue from operation also declined 12.2% YoY to Rs 506.05 crore.
Spandana Sphoorty Financial (NS: SPAD ): The NBFC reported a net profit of Rs 55.2 crore in Q2 compared to a loss of Rs 60 crore despite a fall in total income.
Bank of Maharashtra (NS: BMBK ): The state-owned lender’s net profit rallied 102.3% YoY to Rs 535 crore in Q2 led by a fall in bad loans and a rise in net interest income.
Indowind Energy (NS: INWI ): The windmill company’s net profit soared 656.9% YoY to Rs 3.86 crore in Q2, led by a 64.6% surge in net sales to Rs 14.6 crore during the quarter.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.