By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Life Insurance Corporation (NS: LIFI ): The insurance behemoth’s net profit soared a breathtaking 23,127.2% YoY to Rs 682.9 crore in Q1 FY23, while total premium income climbed 20.35% YoY to Rs 98,351.8 crore.
ONGC (NS: ONGC ): The Maharatna PSU’s net profit skyrocketed 772.2% YoY to Rs 4,335 crore in the June quarter, as oil prices more than doubled in the period, compensating for an almost 5% decline in production at 5.4 MT.
Hero Motocorp (NS: HROM ): The two-wheeler manufacturer’s net profit jumped 71% YoY to Rs 625 crore in Q1 and revenue from operations surged 53% YoY to Rs 8,393 crore, while EBITDA zoomed 83% YoY in the period.
Apollo Tyres (NS: APLO ): The tyre maker’s consolidated net profit surged 49.2% YoY to Rs 190.7 crore, while total expenses climbed 28% YoY to Rs 5,714.2 crore in the June quarter.
Grasim Industries (NS: GRAS ): The cement manufacturer’s consolidated PAT rose 16% YoY to Rs 1,933 crore and revenue surged 41% YoY while reporting its highest-ever consolidated EBITDA at Rs 5,233 crore, advancing 10% YoY in Q1 FY23.
Indiabulls Real Estate (NS: INRL ): The company’s net debt fell by 54% to Rs 464 crore in Q1 FY23, compared to Rs 1,005 crore as of March 31, 2022, while gross debt declined 44% QoQ to Rs 464 crore in the June quarter.
Zee Entertainment (NS: ZEE ) Enterprises: The media company’s net profit tanked 49% YoY to Rs 106.6 crore in Q1 FY23, on unenthusiastic operating performance and tepid revenue growth amid challenging macroeconomic conditions.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.