Chennai, May 17 (IANS) With the merger of PVR (NS: PVRL ) and INOX forming PVR INOX Ltd, the motion picture arm has been renamed as PVR INOX Pictures.
PVR and INOX, India's largest film exhibition brands, have merged to form PVR INOX and operates a network of 1,689 cinema screens in 361 properties across 115 cities in India and Sri Lanka, and holds 43 per cent share of multiplex screens in India.
It has the highest admissions per screen and the fifth highest screen count in the world. PVR INOX combines two strong leadership teams and the most premium sites across India and Sri Lanka.
"PVR INOX Pictures (formerly PVR Pictures) will aspire to be the most innovative, exciting and fun place to share your stories with India. With two large forces coming together, the scale of opportunities is unprecedented. PVR INOX Pictures will continue to serve as a partner to the content producers across the globe and expand the quality and depth of content that is made available to Indian consumers," said Sanjeev Kumar Bijli, Executive Director of the company.
"PVR INOX Pictures is better positioned than ever to generate value for international producers, sales agents, the independent film community and studios," Bijli added.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.