By Yasin Ebrahim
Investing.com -- PVH Corp (NYSE: PVH ) reported fiscal fourth-quarter results that topped Wall Street estimates as its plan to accelerate the growth of its two core brands Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger spurred growth despite a challenging macro backdrop.
PVH Corp was up more than 8% following the report.
The company reported adjusted Q4 EPS of $2.38 on revenue of $2.49 billion, beating estimates of $1.66 on revenue of $2.36B.
The beat comes despite a fall in gross margins amid higher costs as the company continued to make progress under its PVH+ plan, which aims to boost the growth of its Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger brands.
Gross margin fell to 55.9% from 58.3% in the prior year period.
Tommy Hilfiger revenue increased 3%, while Calvin Klein revenue increased 3% compared to the prior year period.
"The benefit from price increases and a favorable shift in regional and channel mix were more than offset by higher costs and increased promotional activity due to elevated inventory levels industry-wide," the company said.
Looking ahead to 2023, EPS was guided to about $10.00, with revenue projected to increase 3% to 4% as compared to 2022.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.