By Daniel Shvartsman
Investing.com -- Stocks in focus in pre-market trade on Tuesday, December 28th. Prices as of 8:30am ET, please refresh to see updated pricing.
- Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA ) traded up 1.8% after getting a price target hike from both Wedbush and Argus gave the electric vehicle leader another charge. Wedbush's Daniel Ives argues the EV sector is set for a significant step forward and Tesla's navigation of the semiconductor supply chain issues puts it in a position of strength. It's not all sunshine for EV related companies, with Lucid Group Inc (NASDAQ: LCID )down 1.2% pre-market.
- Nvidia (NASDAQ: NVDA ) and AMD appear poised to lead semiconductors higher again, as they are trading up 1.4% and 1.2% respectively in the pre-market session.
- Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL ) is also up .2% in pre-market trading despite continued Covid-related store closures. The tech leader is just off of both all-time highs and the shiny $3 Trillion market cap barrier.
- Albemarle Corp (NYSE: ALB ) is up nearly 2% and MercadoLibre Inc (NASDAQ: MELI ) is up 1.5%.
- Peloton Interactive Inc (NASDAQ: PTON ) is on watch after a Raymond James analyst called this fiscal year's guidance aggressive even after the most recent quarter's drop. Aaron Kessler said there was "continued softness in the December quarter", and rates Peloton a Market Perform.
- F5 Networks Inc (NASDAQ: FFIV ) is up 1% in thin trading after Needham & Company called it their best idea in networking for 2022, raising the price target to $303 from $266 (and the current share price of $245). Alex Henderson lauded the company's software transition and said it was "becoming a Cloud/Kubernetes play" that would merit a higher multiple.
- BiondVax Pharmaceuticals Ltd ADR (NASDAQ: BVXV ) is poised to rebound from yesterday's share offering induced sell-off, as it is up 38% in busy pre-market trading.
- Mercury Systems Inc (NASDAQ: MRCY ) looks set to open higher after announcing the adoption of a "poison pill" shareholder rights plan in response to activist Jana Partners' 6.6% stake in the business.
- Vipshop Holdings Limited (NYSE: VIPS ) was down 2.2% after cutting its guidance for the current quarter.
- Kiniksa Pharmaceuticals Ltd (NASDAQ: KNSA ) is down 16% pre-market after its Phase 3 trial of mavrilimumab as a treatment for Covid-19 related acute respiratory syndrome did not meet the primary efficacy endpoint.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.