By Daniel Shvartsman
Investing.com -- Stocks in focus in pre-market trade on Friday, December 31st. Prices as of 8:40am ET, please refresh to see updated pricing.
- Advanced Micro Devices Inc (NASDAQ: AMD ) traded up 1% after announcing that their acquisition of Xilinx Inc (NASDAQ: XLNX ) was still on track but would be delayed to Q1 2022. Xilinx shares are down 1.4% on the lengthened deal timeline.
- Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA ) is up .5% despite news of a recall of nearly 200,000 cars in China as well as reports that China will reduce and then end subsidies for electric and "new energy" vehicles. Nio Inc Class A ADR (NYSE: NIO ) shares are down .5% after jumping nearly 15% yesterday.
- Peloton (NASDAQ: PTON ) shares took a 1.4% dip after another sell-side analyst downgraded the stock on concerns that the current quarter is not going well.
- Exxon Mobil (NYSE: XOM ) shares are down .3% despite pre-announcing that Q4 results would improve on Q3's numbers, mostly due to their upstream business and the strength in the price of oil.
- Enbridge Inc (NYSE: ENB ) is up .2% after announcing a share buyback of up to C$1.5B, good for 1.5% of their float.
Xeris Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: XERS ) is up 25% after receiving FDA approval of Recorlev for the treatment of endogenous hypercortisolemia in adult patients With Cushing’s Syndrome.
- Medalist Diversified Reit Inc (NASDAQ: MDRR ) is up 30% after the micro-cap REIT announced a share buyback of up to 3% of its shares outstanding.
- Nutriband is up 54% after announcing that the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO) a patent for Nutriband's lead technology, AVERSA.
- Pfizer Inc (NYSE: PFE ) is up .4% after the U.K. approved the use of its antiviral pill Pavloxid for treatment of adults with Covid-19.
- NetEase Inc (NASDAQ: NTES ) traded 3.5% lower in pre-market hours. Fellow Chinese firms Pinduoduo (NASDAQ: PDD ) and Baidu Inc (NASDAQ: BIDU ) each traded .8% lower as well.
- Reliance (NS: RELI ) Global Group Inc (NASDAQ: RELI ) traded 3.9% lower, though after more than tripling in the past couple weeks in what may be one last short squeeze for 2021.
- Xcel Energy Inc (NASDAQ: XEL ) is trading 3% lower though on no specific news.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.