Porinju Veliyath Raises Stake in Micro-Cap Portfolio Stock, Shares Jump 5%
By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of the plywoods manufacturing company Duroply Industries (BO: DURL ) jumped 5% to Rs 182.5 apiece on Thursday, after ace investor Porinju Veliyath and his wife raised their shareholdings in the company.
The marquee investor and fund manager Porinju Veliyath and his wife Litty Thomas picked a total of 1.58 lakh additional equity shares of Duroply Industries, translating to a 2.12% stake in the company through preferential allotment.
This raised the investor duo’s shareholding in the micro-cap company to 7.01% from 4.89% earlier.
According to Duroply Industries’ latest shareholding pattern, the Kerala-based investor held over 2 lakh shares or a 3.1% stake in the company, while his wife owned a 2.4% stake or 1.55 lakh shares. In mid-July 2022, the duo further raised their holdings in the company.
Porinju Veliyath publicly holds 17 stocks with a net worth of over Rs 181.8 crore, as per Trendlyne data.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or