- Trading volume in the NFT market is at a low not seen since November of 2021.
- CryptoSlam, OpenSea, and PolygonScan were named as the 3 sources.
The cryptocurrency market has been trading in the red, with a sharp decrease for almost all cryptocurrencies. Not even Polygon (MATIC) could buck the market’s downward momentum. According to CMC (NS: CMC ), MATIC lost 15% of its value in the previous week. Trading volume in the NFT market is also at a low not seen since November of 2021.
The fact that Polygon is low-cost and highly efficient, has made it a go-to for NFT minting. Some inconsistencies in the present state of on-chain NFT data on Polygon were recently brought to light by the head of Growth at Polygon Labs, who goes by the Twitter name Sanket.Polygon.
Waiting For a Viable Solution
According to the tweet, three separate sources provide different things of the same on-chain data. Metadata for NFTs may be stored in a variety of ways, but on-chain storage is the most reliable and long-term option.
CryptoSlam, OpenSea, and PolygonScan were named as the 3 sources. The first is a Mark Cuban-backed NFT data aggregator, and the other two are also respected players in the field.
The current status of on-chain NFT data on Polygon3 sources all show different things 1. @cryptoslamio 2. @opensea 3. @polygonscan they all track the same on-chain data. How do we solve it? pic.twitter.com/AsEiKLHDwg
— sanket.polygon (@sourcex44) April 24, 2023
A number of users offered suggestions for improving the situation, with one proposing using open, on-chain auditable data from Dune Analytics to monitor the whole @0xPolygon NFT market and determine where gaps may exist.
Although @SeaLaunch_ claimed that the dashboard only displays select markets due to incomplete decoding of data, the intended result is to display the whole Polygon NFT ecosystem. However, Sanket is yet to respond to the solutions mentioned so far.
On the other hand, the Mainnet Beta release of Polygon zkEVM was announced today by Polygon Labs. Anyone is free to trade on and develop using the Polygon zkEVM Mainnet Beta. Additionally, as of right now, Polygon zkEVM is 100% open-source. This is a watershed moment for Polygon, Ethereum , and the whole Web3.
Recommended For You:
Producers of Wolf of Wall Street Movie Announces NFT Collection
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.