Electric car maker, Polestar (NASDAQ: PSNY ) has officially selected Ohme as its partner to provide smart charging stations for vehicles in Ireland. Ohme, a leading provider of dynamic smart charging technology, is extending its award-winning technology to all of Polestar's customers in Ireland. The agreement will see Polestar recommend Ohme chargers for all its sales supporting drivers who need an EV charging solution.
Charging a Polestar 2 Long Range Single Motor, equipped with a 78 kWh battery, using an Ohme smart charger during off-peak hours could amount to €216.60 (€1 =$1.2393) for covering a distance of 10,000 kilometers over the course of a year.
In contrast, if charged on the Standard Tariff, the cost would be significantly higher, totaling €700.15.
Head of Polestar UK & Ireland, Jonathan Goodman said, “We are delighted to be working with Ohme as our recommended home charger supplier for our Irish owners.”
“Ohme’s award-winning smart chargers and excellent approach towards customer service and professionalism align with Polestar’s core values and culture. This collaboration means that we are now able to provide customers with a significant cost saving and a whole EV offering – both a Polestar performance electric vehicle and a charging solution to match,” Goodman added.
“Polestar has revolutionized the introduction of EVs in terms of launching an entirely new luxury brand. With Ohme’s technology giving drivers the control to get more from their EVs, Ohme and Polestar are a natural partnership,” said Ohme CEO, David Watson.
Shares of PSNY are down 3.28% in afternoon trading Tuesday.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.