The Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX) is preparing for a series of initial public offerings (IPOs), including a Dh1.36 billion ($370 million) stock float by Phoenix Group, slated to begin on November 16. Phoenix Group, a data center and crypto mining company, has set the offer price at Dh1.5 per share, allowing UAE investors an entry into the crypto services sector.
Recently, International Holding Company (IHC) of UAE purchased a 10% stake in Phoenix Group. The company manages the 'Citadel Project', which is the largest crypto-mining facility in Abu Dhabi.
The final quarter of 2023 has seen an uptick in IPO activity in the UAE stock markets. Prior to Phoenix's listing on the ADX, the subscription period for Investcorp Capital concluded. Global Capital Partners highlighted Phoenix's IPO as an opportunity for investors to gain exposure to the regulated crypto and blockchain sector, with a specific focus on attracting institutional investors with extensive knowledge of the crypto industry.
Retail investors are required to invest a minimum of Dh5,000 to participate in the IPO, which allocates 6.67% (or 60.48 million shares) to them. Analysts view Phoenix as offering local investors their first experience with growth opportunities centered around cryptocurrency.
This year, Phoenix expanded its international presence by establishing a 150MW facility in Oman through Green Data City. The company also has agreements with Bitmain and MicroBT, which have contributed to its strong sales performance despite the downturn in crypto markets. Last year, Phoenix invested in a 250MW data mining facility in Abu Dhabi, which helped drive its revenue up to $715 million from $161 million in trading operations in 2021. The company currently operates facilities with a combined capacity of 100MW in the U.S. and Canada.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.