Petco Health and Wellness Company (NASDAQ: WOOF ) shares fell nearly 14% in early Thursday trade after the company slashed its full-year profit outlook.
The company now expects adjusted EPS for the full year 2024 to be in the range of 24 cents to 30 cents. This outlook is lower than the previous range of 40 cents to 48 cents.
Net revenue forecast for the full year remains at $6.15-6.28 billion, slightly below the estimated $6.31B.
As far as Q2 results are concerned, the company reported adjusted EPS of 6 cents on revenue of $1.53B, which compares to the consensus for earnings of 6 cents on revenue of $1.52B.
Comparable sales growth was +3.2%, ahead of the expected 2.3%.
"We continue to focus on execution through an uncertain environment, delivering our 19th consecutive quarter of comp sales growth, with ongoing strength in consumables and services, particularly in vet," said Petco CEO Ron Coughlin.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.