By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of the fintech major company Paytm (NS: PAYT ) surged 8.3% to Rs 623.2 apiece at the time of writing, even though its consolidated net loss zoomed 71.4% YoY to Rs 761 crore in the March-ending quarter.
The company’s revenue from operations jumped 89% YoY to Rs 1,540.9 crore in the quarter, led by non-UPI payments rising for over 2 quarters now, against the Street’s estimates of a steady decline.
Various brokerages have differing views on Paytm’s outlook.
While some brokerages like Macquarie and Yes Securities have set a bearish target on the fintech stock, others like Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS ) and ICICI Securities (NS: ICCI ) are bullish on the stock’s outlook.
Paytm is set to achieve break-even by the Sept FY23 quarter via continued revenue growth, along with cost moderation and operating leverage.
Goldman Sachs witnessed strong growth momentum for financial services in Q4, while cloud businesses remained robust. It sees the company’s cash burn improving, and has reiterated its guidance of adjusted Ebitda breakeven by Sept 2023.
It has set a target of Rs 1,070/share on the stock.
ICICI Securities too expect Paytm to be EBITDA-positive by FY25E and has set a target of Rs 1,285/share on the stock, an upside of 109.72%, on the back of the customer lifetime value methodology.
On the contrary, Macquarie continues to remain bearish on Paytm, maintaining its target price of Rs 450/share, a downside of 26.55%, as it pegs the company’s profitability to be an uphill battle, and expects Ebitda losses to take up to 12 months to breakeven.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
IF YOU BELIEVE THIS PEOPLE YOU WILL NEVER BUY PAYTM-SIMPLE ARITHMATIC-FROM 1900 TO 540 LOW-NOW 630-POSSIBLE TO GO ATLEAST 900 LEVELSLike 0