By Sam Boughedda
Investing.com — Palantir Technologies Inc (NYSE: PLTR ) revealed Thursday that the Space Systems Command's (SSC) Cross-Mission Ground & Communications Enterprise (ECX) awarded it a $43 million contract to continue its delivery of a data and decision platform to support "national security objectives."
The new contract is an additional extension, expanding on the previous awards earlier this year. Today's deal takes the contract's total value to $91.5 million.
The Palantir platform, named Warp Core, is used to make decisions from large volumes of data in support of missions, helping to support Project Brown Heron which enables all-domain situational awareness and decision-making.
"The threats to our nation in and through the space domain are very real as we've seen in recent weeks, we must continue to advance our Nation's Space Domain Awareness capabilities," said Doug Philippone, global defense lead at Palantir Technologies.
In a separate announcement, Palantir said it has signed a multi-year agreement with Kinder Morgan (NYSE: KMI ), an energy infrastructure company, to use the Foundry platform in their storage operations.
Palantir shares are up 0.31% in late morning trading.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.