Page Industries Plummets 15% to New 52-Wk Low on Poor Q4 Show
By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of Page Industries (NS: PAGE ) tumbled 15% on Friday and hit a new 52-week low of Rs 34,952.65 apiece following disappointing results for the quarter ended March 31, 2023.
The innerwear and socks manufacturer Page Industries reported an almost 59% fall in profit after tax for the March quarter at Rs 78.4 crore compared to Rs 19.05 crore in the same period last year and slashed 36.7% sequentially.
In terms of revenue, the company’s topline declined 12.8% YoY and 20.8% quarter-on-quarter to Rs 969 crore in the fourth quarter of the financial year 2023.
Page Industries’ EBITDA also shed almost 50% on a YoY basis in the March-ended quarter to Rs 134.5 crore and declined 30.2% sequentially during the period.
The EBITDA margin contracted significantly to 13.9% in Q4 FY23 from 14% in Q4 FY22 and 15.8% in the preceding quarter, while Page’s PAT margin slashed to 8.1% in the period from 17.1% in the corresponding quarter of last year and 10.1% quarter-on-quarter.
The company’s management has initiated a positive outlook on demand going ahead. Page Industries' MD V.S. Ganesh said that even though the company experienced some impact on profitability due to higher inventory levels acquired during an inflationary period and lower than optimal capacity utilization, several steps were taken to address such issues.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or