Chennai, Jan 3 (IANS) It was a busy and eventful year 2022 for the Sri City -- an integrated business city near here -- with signing agreements with over 13 companies that have decided to set up their new plants; 12 companies starting construction work and 13 new units going on stream and several companies expanding their facilities, said a top company official.
The year that went by also saw Japanese automobile company Isuzu Motors India celebrating a decade of its presence in India.
Last year Isuzu Motors India saw many internal production milestones being achieved, including the rollout of the 50,000th vehicle, 5000th locally made engine and the 500,000th pressed part, from the SriCity plant.
"It has been an impressive year for us, and we thank all our clients who are partnering with us. Sustaining our growth, we look forward to more exciting developments in 2023," Dr. Ravindra Sannareddy, Founder Managing Director, Sri City.
According to SriCity, the 12 companies that have kicked off the construction works last year are: EPACK Durable, Blue Star (NS: BLUS ) Climatech Limited, Bell Flavours, Autodata, Daikin, Havells, Neemrana Steel, Oji Packaging, Haitian, JGI, Zen Linen Phase 2, RSB Transmission) have kicked off the construction works of their plants.
Units of 13 companies -- NovaAir, Paharpur, Triune, Axxelent Pharma, Blue Star, Panasonic, NGC Transmission, Airmaster, Sankar Sealing, Kimberly, Rapide, Amber and IAPL -- went on stream marking their entry into the operational phase.
In their quest to cash-in on the emerging business opportunities in the country, the following existing production units (Parkson Packaging, VRV Chart Industries, Hamilton, Alstom (EPA: ALSO ) and Toray) have ramped up facilities and expanded their production capacity, SriCity said.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.