OpenAI launches ChatGPT Plus for $20 a month with more features
New Delhi, Feb 2 (IANS) Microsoft-owned OpenAI has launched its paid subscription plan for ChatGPT, its text-generating AI that can write like humans.
The new subscription plan, ChatGPT Plus, will be available for $20 a month, and subscribers will receive a number of benefits.
The benefits are general access to ChatGPT even during peak times, faster response times and priority access to new features and improvements.
"ChatGPT Plus is available to the customers in the United States, and we will begin the process of inviting people from our waitlist over the coming weeks," said the company in a statement late on Wednesday.
"We plan to expand access and support to additional countries and regions soon. By offering this subscription pricing, we will be able to help support free access availability to as many people as possible," OpenAI added.
ChatGPT was thrown open for public use late last year.
"Since then, millions of people have given us feedback, we've made several important updates and we've seen users find value across a range of professional use-cases, including drafting and editing content, brainstorming ideas, programming help, and learning new topics," said the company.
The company will soon launch the (ChatGPT API waitlist), and "we are actively exploring options for lower-cost plans, business plans, and data packs for more availability".
OpenAI has also launched a new tool that will distinguish between human-written and artificial intelligence (AI)-generated text.
Meanwhile, Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT ) has announced a multi-year, multi-billion dollar investment in OpenAI.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
$20 maybe a low amount for those at US. Hope the prices are reasonably low for other developing countries like IndiaLike 1
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or