Odisha govt approves five industrial projects worth Rs 35,760 cr
Bhubaneswar, April 1 (IANS) A day after approving six investment proposals worth Rs 854.17 crore, the Odisha government on Saturday cleared another five big industrial projects, which will bring investment to the tune of Rs 35,760 crore to the state.
The High Level Clearance Authority (HLCA) led by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has approved the projects that would generate over 38,100 employment opportunities in Odisha.
The approved projects will be set up in Bhadrak, Dhenkanal, Jagatsinghpur, and Keonjhar districts. The HLCA has given a go-ahead to two projects in the steel sector, one project each in green energy and equipment, chemicals sector, and technical textile sector.
The government has approved the proposal of WAREE Energies Limited to set up an integrated solar equipment manufacturing complex with an investment of Rs 25,000 crore.
It will set up a manufacturing unit with a capacity of 50,000 MT polysilicon, 10,000 MW each of ingot, wafer, solar cells, and solar module at Neulopoi, Dhenkanal.
Such a manufacturing facility is the largest in eastern India which will develop the ecosystem for further investment in this sector, an official said.
Similarly, the HLCA has approved the proposal of Super Smelters Limited to set up an integrated steel plant of 1.8 MTPA (million tonne per annum) in Keonjhar district which promises an investment of Rs 5,436.10 crore.
Another steel sector project proposed by Kashvi Power and Steel Private Limited has also got the nod of the government. The company will set up an integrated steel plant at Kalipal in Keonjhar district with an investment of Rs 1600 crore.
In the technical textile sector, the Odisha government has approved a project worth Rs 2,223.25 crore by MCPI Private Limited.
The authority has approved a proposal of IVL Dhunseri Petrochem Industries Ltd to set up a bottle grade PET resin at Paradeep in Jagatsinghpur district with an investment of Rs 1,500 crore.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or