Bhubaneswar, May 8 (IANS) The Odisha government on Monday approved 11 industrial projects worth Rs 2840.73 crore that would generate employment opportunities for over 3700 persons, an official said.
The State Level Single Window Clearance Authority (SLSWCA), headed by Chief Secretary Pradeep Kumar Jena, approved the 11 proposals of which nine were from the companies that participated at Make in Odisha Conclave, 2022.
The approved projects will be set up in the districts of Bolangir, Ganjam, Jagatsinghpur, Khordha, Mayurbhanj, Rayagada, Sambalpur, and Sundargarh.
The state government has approved the expansion proposals of Aditya Birla Group-owned Utkal Alumina International Ltd at Rayagada district and Hindalco Industries (NS: HALC ) Ltd at Lapanga, Sambalpur, which promises cumulative investment of nearly Rs 1,000 crore.
The state has also approved the proposal of RCR Steel Works Private Ltd, entailing an investment of Rs 896.98 crore, to set up a steel plant at Jamda in Mayurbhanj district.
The project proposal of Mahindra Holidays (NS: MAHH ) and Resorts India Ltd to set up a resort at Somolo Island, Chilika Lake in Ganjam district with an investment of Rs 228.45 crore was also approved.
In the chemicals sector, the committee approved a project by Ion Exchange (India) Ltd. worth Rs 303 crore to set up a manufacturing unit in Paradeep.
Indian Stitches Private Ltd has proposed to establish a fabric processing plant at Khordha with an investment of Rs 100 crore.
In the food processing sector, the government has approved the project proposal of Taj SATs Ltd to set up food processing and packaging units in Khordha. The project comes with an investment of Rs 51 crore.
Besides, the proposals of Seetharama Agro Industries Pvt Ltd (Rs 101 crore), Indopet Polymer Pvt Ltd (Rs 52 crore), Vibhor Steel Tubes Pvt Ltd (Rs 70 crore), and ROMCO Aluminates Pvt Ltd (Rs 54 crore) also got the nod.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.