Bhubaneswar, Oct 7 (IANS) Odisha government on Friday approved 10 industrial projects worth Rs 1923.60 crore that would generate employment opportunities for 5,170 people in the state, officials said.
The State Level Single Window Clearance Authority (SLSWCA) headed by Chief Secretary Suresh Chandra Mahapatra has approved these projects in diverse sectors like power and renewable energy, chemicals, IT and ESDM, food processing, oil and gas, metal downstream, textiles, tourism and infrastructure.
Four of these projects will be set up in Khordha district, while Puri, Jagatsinghpur, Kendrapada, Balasore, Keonjhar and Angul districts will get one investment project each, officials added.
The authority has approved the proposal of Silox India Private Limited to set up a chemical manufacturing unit in the Paradeep Industrial Area with an investment of Rs 500 crore.
The SLSWCA has also approved the proposal of Luminous Power Technologies Private Limited to set up a battery manufacturing unit in the Angul Aluminium Park with a proposed investment of Rs 481 crore.
Similarly, the investment of Rs 265 crore of Happiest Minds (NS: HAPP ) Technologies Limited for setting up a software development centre facility offering IT services at O-Hub in Info-valley SEZ, Bhubaneswar was also approved by the authority.
In the hospitality sector, the state has approved a 5-star Hotel Hyatt Regency by MGM Resorts Pvt Ltd with an investment of Rs 180 crore. The project will be coming up in the New Marine Drive Road, Puri.
Further the proposal of Oil India Limited (NS: OILI ) (OIL) for setting up exploration units at Astaranga, Puri and Patkura, Kendrapada also got the nod from the government. OIL will be investing over Rs 108 crore in these two locations.
In the agro and food processing sector, Rs 150 crore worth aqua feed manufacturing facility by IFB Agro Industries Limited was approved by the SLSWCA. The project will be set up in the Somanathpur Industrial Estate, Balasore.
The other approved projects include fabrication unit by Offshore Infrastructures Limited (Rs 54 crore), foam unit by Mehan Industries Pvt Ltd (Rs 50.05 crore), logistics park by SGP Trading India Pvt Ltd (Rs 90 crore) and warehousing & logistic park by Sri Jaybalajee Agro Products Pvt Ltd (Rs 54 crore).
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.