By Sam Boughedda
The analyst set Datadog's price target at $120 per share, while Dynatrace's price target was set at $49.
Baird is positive on observability and data analytics growth and believes Datadog and Dynatrace are two of the observability platform leaders.
"While the macro-economic climate presents ongoing risks, we expect digital transformation and cloud adoption trends to continue to benefit both long term," explained the analyst.
On Datadog, he said that the company has "established itself as the cloud-native observability platform leader" with leading growth and strong cash flow.
Meanwhile, for Dynatrace, he commented it generates "strong growth with enterprise and AI differentiation coupled with industry-leading profitability," while it also continues to expand its platform capabilities.
However, Baird acknowledges that there are headwinds, such as stiff competition, macro impacts and FX exposure, that could pose risks.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.