Nuvoco Vistas Expected to Have Weak Listing Today
By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- Nuvoco Vistas Corporation Ltd (NS: NUVO ), India’s fifth-largest cement maker is scheduled to list on exchanges today, and it is expected to have a weak listing.
The biggest factor working against Nuvoco is that retail interest has been waning in the IPO segment. What was a red-hot trend just a couple of months back has completely lost momentum now.
The IPO was subscribed to only 73% by retail investors and 66% by non-institutional investors. It was qualified institutional buyers who subscribed 4.23 times.
Last week, with the exception of Devyani International Ltd (NS: DEVY ) which listed at 56% premium to its issue price, other debutants like Windlas Biotech Ltd (NS: WINL ) (down 11.7%), Krsnaa Diagnostics Ltd (NS: KRSN ) (up 2.5%) and Exxaro Tiles Ltd (NS: EXXA ) (up 10%) saw muted listings. Cartrade Tech Ltd (NS: CART ) also debuted at a loss of almost 8%.
Prashanth Tapse, VP Research at Mehta Equities told news portal Moneycontrol, “New investors will always remain concerned when it comes to applying in IPO which has a large portion of an offer for sale, as a result, we can see muted subscription figures. The muted listing seems to be justified high debt on books and inconsistent financial performance in last 3 years.”
Nuvoco’s cement production capacity is around 4.2% of India’s total cement capacity. Even though the outlook for the cement sector is strong, the outlook for the stock is not.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or