NTPC's coal production rose 62% in August
New Delhi, Sep 2 (IANS) NTPC (NS: NTPC ) produced 7.36 metric million tonnes of coal in August, as per data available on August 31, thus registering a healthy growth of 62 per cent compared to 4.55 metric million tonnes produced during the corresponding period of last year, an official statement said.
At the same time, NTPC dispatched 7.52 metric million tonnes of coal from its captive mines as on August 31, compared to 5.47 metric million tonnes of coal dispatched during the same period last year, registering a growth of 37 per cent.
NTPC has achieved substantial growth even during the monsoon period, so far and is hopeful of sustaining the growth that will help in ensuring uninterrupted, reliable and affordable power generation, the Power Ministry statement said.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or