NSE Indices (formerly, India Index Services & Products Ltd), a subsidiary of NSE recently launched a new target maturity index - Nifty G-Sec July 2033. The index has been designed to track the performance of a portfolio of 4 Government securities (G-Secs) maturing during the twelve-month period ending 29 July 2033.
The 4 securities included in the index are 7.26% GS 2033, 7.95% GS 2032, 7.26% GS 2032 and 8.32% GS 2032.
The base value of the index is 1000 and 21 September 2023 is the base date. This simply means the index value will start from 1000, from 21 September 2023. It will follow a target maturity structure with 29 July 2033 as the maturity date.
The main aim of setting up this index is to create a benchmark for debt funds and appeal to investors looking to invest in debt portfolios with a target maturity theme.
The nearest targeted maturity G-Sec index that’s available is the Nifty G-Sec December 2026.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
well accivmentesLike 0