Novo Nordisk (NYSE: NVO ) saw a nearly 1% rise in its stock price today after the U.S. Patent Office tribunal rejected challenges to two critical patents for its drugs Wegovy and Ozempic. These challenges were brought by Mylan Pharmaceuticals, a generic drugmaker aiming to produce generic versions of these medications.
Mylan, which is owned by Viatris Inc (NASDAQ: VTRS ), had argued that the patents should be invalidated because they were based on the anti-diabetes medication liraglutide. The tribunal denied Mylan's requests to review the Wegovy and Ozempic patents.
Mylan has additionally challenged a third patent connected to a treatment method involving these medications. The board is set to announce its decision on whether to review this patent by Friday. Novo Nordisk said it plans to vigorously defend its intellectual property.
Wegovy, a groundbreaking weight-loss drug, has enjoyed significant sales, leading to predictions by some analysts that the obesity market could surpass $100 billion by the decade's end. Novo's profits from Wegovy and Ozempic have contributed to its status as Europe's most valuable company as of September.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
While spending a successful man will always have thought of the future, that's why most rich men keep getting rich, they indulge in one form of investment in order to stay ahead of the countries economy, my advice for you today, is that you message a financial expert trader MR eric at +1 2 702 433 37 1 on WAATSAP and start a tangible profitable investment..Like 2