By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The Nifty 50 Futures listed on the Singapore-based Exchange SGX, an early indicator for Nifty50 , traded 0.02% or 3.5 points lower at 8:54 am on Thursday, indicating a flat opening on Dalal Street.
Major indices on Wall Street ended mixed on Wednesday as investors tried to fathom the Fed’s monetary tightening size and its impact on the economy touted to head towards recession.
Further, downbeat comments from American banking giants have added to recessionary woes.
Stocks across Asian markets traded mixed on Thursday, propped up by equities in China and Hong Kong amid easing Covid restrictions in China, while investors weighed on the concerns of the Fed hiking rates at a faster pace.
Oil prices rose after falling for four days and sinking to its lowest level this year. WTI Futures plummeted 11% in four sessions following recessionary woes and as investors weighed China’s reopening against it.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
nifty 50 up/Down??Like 0