By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The Nifty 50 Futures listed on the Singapore-based Exchange SGX, an early indicator for Nifty50 , was found trading 0.17% lower at 8:19 am on Thursday, tracking sell-offs across the global markets and indicating Dalal Street to open on a negative-to-flat note. At the same time, the Dow Jones Futures was up 0.1%.
The three major indices of Wall Street declined amid a broad sell-off in the market, led by technology and growth stocks, as investors reviewed a wide variety of corporate earnings, amid surging U.S. Treasury yields and the Fed’s tightening monetary policy.
Stocks have slid majorly this month as investors gauge the Fed’s aggressive interest rate hikes to tackle rising inflation.
The Nasdaq ended Wednesday’s session 10.7% lower than its record high attained in November, confirming a market correction. In the past 2 years, the tech-heavy index has corrected four times. Shares of Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL ) tumbled 2.1%, while Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM ) sank 3.5%.
Stocks across the Asian markets traded mixed on Thursday, shrugging off losses on Wall Street, through concerns regarding a rising global sell-off, and an earlier-than-expected US interest rate hike looms.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Its clear that euphoria is coming to an end after this month end. However, nifty may go higher range bound with volatility today propelled by banknifty. This is to enable fii and dii to book profits. FOMC meeting starts on monday and decison on thursday, we are closed on wednesday. So clearly it will be an upward rally for one last time and the next one will be in March end based on election resultsLike 6
nifty maybe go downLike 1
nifty maybe go downLike 0
So what does this indicate for our market ?will nifty open gapup or downLike 0
Very handy info before openingLike 0
very useful to meLike 0
very useful to meLike 0