Nifty’s New-Week Opening Cues As Dow Futures, SGX Nifty Gain
By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The Nifty 50 Futures listed on the Singapore-based Exchange SGX, an early indicator for Nifty50 , traded 0.5% or 84 points higher at 8:21 am on Monday, indicating a positive opening on Dalal Street.
Further, the Dow Jones Futures rose 0.34% and Nasdaq 100 Futures climbed 0.23%.
Major indices in the US ended higher on Friday, ending a volatile week higher as officials of the Fed managed to calm investors of a potential crisis in the banking sector.
Nasdaq Composite rose 0.31%, Dow Jones gained 0.41% and S&P 500 jumped 0.56% on Friday.
Asian markets climbed on Monday, following US Futures as they crept higher in early trade on expectations that authorities were bringing the liquidity crunch concerning global banks under control.
Markets took positive cues on reports of First Citizens BancShares (NASDAQ: FCNCA ) entering into advanced talks for the acquisition of Silicon Valley Bank (NASDAQ: SIVB ) after its collapse earlier in March, from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.
At 8:30 am, South Korea’s KOSPI declined 0.44%, Japan’s Nikkei 225 gained 0.31%, China’s Shanghai Composite fell 0.72%, Hong Kong’s Hang Seng plunged 1.72%, and Australia's ASX 200 rose 0.14%.
Oil traded flat on Monday, hovering just above a 15-month low as markets waited for the next shoe to drop in a potential banking crisis, an Investing.com report noted.
Brent crude dipped to $74.52/barrel and WTI Futures traded at $69.25 a barrel. Natural Gas Futures shed 3.56%.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or