By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Shares of the mining company Hindalco (NS: HALC ) surged 2.55% to Rs 424.8 apiece at 12:16 pm, after surging almost 4% in early trade on Thursday, following a stellar June quarterly earnings of its wholly owned aluminium subsidiary Novelis Inc.
Novelis is the world’s largest aluminium recycler and leading producer of rolled aluminium products.
The company delivered record financial performance in the June-ending quarter, following a record performance in the previous fiscal, and posted its best-ever profitability.
Its adjusted EBITDA climbed 1% YoY to a record $561 million in the June quarter, aided by increased product pricing, comprising some higher costs passed on to customers, along with a favourable product mix and lower metal costs.
Novelis has maintained volume guidance of 3% and expects a stable demand for sustainable aluminium solutions across end markets.
Its net income attributable to common shareholders surged 28% YoY to a record $307 million, while net income from continuing operations climbed 18% YoY on higher underlying Adjusted EBITDA, a lower tax provision in the ongoing year and unrealized derivative gains, stated a Yahoo Finance report.
Hindalco’s subsidiary company’s net sales jumped 32% YoY to $5.1 billion in Q1, led by increased prices of aluminium and local market premiums.
Global brokerage CLSA maintains its Buy call on Hindalco with a target price at Rs 525/share, an upside of 24.4% compared to its current price on Novelis’ strong Q1 results and robust guidance, while EBITDA was above estimates.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.