By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- After opening almost 1% lower on Monday, following mixed cues from Asian markets, Indian equity benchmark indices Nifty50 and BSE Sensex have pared losses at were trading 0.5% and 0.55%, respectively in green at 1:35 pm.
Of all the Nifty sectoral indices, Nifty Pharma emerged to be the biggest sectoral gainer, driven by Laurus Labs Ltd (NS: LAUL ), Natco Pharma Ltd . (NS: NATP ) and Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (NS: TORP ), up 4.2% to 3%.
The index was up 1.5% while writing this report. At the same time, Nifty Media emerged as the worst-performing sectoral index on Nifty, overtaking the Nifty Private Bank, down 1.38%.
This is because pharma stocks look reasonably valued at this point.
An analyst from ICICI Prudential (LON: PRU ) AMC stated that pharma and utilities are two sectors where investors can remain confident, as their stocks look reasonably valued at this point, unlike technology and FMCG stocks, which remain priced for growth.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.