By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Indian market indices made a flat opening and traded flat in Monday’s intraday session, tracking negative cues from Asian peers, while heavyweights players including Adani Enterprises (NS: ADEL ) and Cipla (NS: CIPL ) extended support.
Benchmark indices Nifty50 traded flat with a positive bias at 18,683.9 levels, while Sensex dipped 1.5 points to 62,977.9 levels at 12:10 pm. The market fear barometer India VIX jumped 6.14% to 11.92 levels during the session.
Nifty PSU Bank , on the other hand, retreated the most on the sectoral pack, dipping 0.5% at the time of writing.
The brokerage stock ICICI Securities (NS: ICCI ) jumped 15% and hit a new 52-week high on Monday following announcements of the parent firm ICICI Bank (NS: ICBK ) considering a proposal to delist the company in a Board meeting this week.
On the flip side, shares of India’s leading cement producer Shree Cement (NS: SHCM ) cracked 10% and hit a fresh multi-month low during the session after a report of the company evading Rs 23,000 crore in taxes, claiming to be the biggest tax evasion to date.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.