By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- Nifty 50 and the BSE Sensex 30 are set to open higher today after fears over the US Federal Reserve’s rate hikes were put to ease. Fed Chairman Jerome Powell said that there would be no rate hikes until the economy showed solid signs of recovery.
“We will not raise interest rates pre-emptively because we fear the possible onset of inflation. We will wait for evidence of actual inflation or other imbalances,” said Powell before a US House of Representatives panel.
Nifty 50 Futures in Singapore are trading up 0.97% which indicates a green opening for Indian markets. Brokerages expect Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ) to move up after its Annual General Meeting on Friday. The stock has already moved up 12% in the last one month.
Ivan Glasenberg, CEO at Glencore PLC (LON: GLEN ), spoke at the Qatar Economic Forum where he said that the boom in commodity prices would continue and that China’s efforts to cool prices will be short-term.
Crude oil prices have slowed down their ascent and are trading at $73.08 as of this report. However, large institutions like Bank of America (NYSE: BAC ) say that prices will hit $100 a barrel on supply and demand mismatch.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Fed chief said clearly, usa inflation in deep critical condition. Citizens are not able to meet the basic expenses - school dropouts are more. Unemployment increasing. Industrial production level comes down. Buying capacity comes down. Vaccination drive is not successful. Virus waves are increasing and *****more people. Travel become expensive goods price increased. World wide market moment in bubble. Not matching with real economy. Bad loans are increasing. Banking and financial institutions npa’s are increasing. Bubble will melt and go down to reality price.Like 5