By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- After three consecutive volatile days, expect Nifty 50 and the BSE Sensex 30 to trade sideways today. Nifty 50 Futures in Singapore are up 0.55% which indicate a positive opening for the markets but the broader direction during trading hours will likely be influenced by June’s expiry factors, say experts.
Yesterday, Nifty closed below 15,700, and if weakness persists, it could fall lower on higher selling pressure. Nifty is likely to enter a consolidation phase.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) data on Wednesday said that Indian household savings fell from 10.4% to 8.2% for the third quarter of FY21 as the COVID-19 pandemic impact hit hard. Bank deposits, and insurance flows from households also fell while debt went up.
State Bank Of India (NS: SBI ) has announced that it will raise Rs 14,000 crore from markets through additional tier-I (AT-1) bonds. The bank had a capital outflow to the tune of Rs 9,000 crore this year as bonds worth that amount matured.
Nasdaq 100 was near its all-time high on Wednesday after US factory activity showed a record high in June. Dow Jones 30 Futures are up 0.32% while S&P 500 Futures and Nasdaq 100 Futures are up 0.25% each as of this report.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
why nifty is ballooned.. can anyone give major reasons?? NIFTY EPS even though of covid went up by 17-18%. All valuations are done one year forward.Like 0
today itself we will see 15500 and its below level.. Everything is smartly placed event wise.. Best is to sell and square off as nifty and bank both weak and will have sharp fallLike 2
Nifty over valued by 13-15 %Like 2
Nifty is ballooned and major correction is due, not immediately,but over linger period.Nifty likely to touch 13K level at the time when UP election comes.Like 1