By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- Big bang announcements from Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ) at its Annual General Meeting (AGM) yesterday failed to enthuse investors as the most-weighted stock on Indian indices closed 2.61% lower. Will that change today? Unlikely.
Nifty 50 and the BSE Sensex 30 are set for a muted opening today. Nifty 50 Futures in Singapore are trading 0.01% lower indicating a flat start for the markets. Market experts have said that Nifty will likely move into a consolidation phase, trading between the ranges of 15,600-15,900. Any further upward movement will be dependent on Nifty closing strong over 15,900.
In the middle of the RIL hoopla, two stocks made their debuts on the exchanges yesterday. Shyam Metalics and Energy Ltd (NS: SHYE ) closed at Rs 376.15, up 23% from its issue price of Rs 306. Sona Blw Precision Forgings Ltd (BO: SONB ) closed at Rs 361.2, up 24% from its issue price.
Asian markets are all trading strongly in the green today, following a record close for Nasdaq 100 and S&P 500 in the US yesterday. Nikkei 225 , KOSPI 50 , and the Shanghai Composite are up 0.75%, 0.72%, and 0.41% respectively at the time of this report.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Who dafuq is this Aditya??? Batai stadLike 0