By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- In a periodic review conducted by the Index Maintenance Sub-Committee (Equity) of NSE Indices, one Tata Group stock has been excluded from five different Nifty indices, including the ‘Nifty Tata Group’ index, starting March 31, 2023.
The Nifty Tata Group Index consists of all companies belonging to the Tata Group. The index is computed using the full market capitalisation method. This method is used to measure the total equity value of the Tata group companies listed on the NSE.
As per the quarterly review of thematic indices, the coffee and tea producer Tata Coffee (NS: TACO ) will be excluded from the Nifty Tata Group index, effective from March 31, 2023, on account of the proposed scheme of arrangement for demerger.
Constituent Tata stocks under Nifty Tata Group index by weightage include TCS (NS: TCS ), Titan (NS: TITN ), Tata Motors (NS: TAMO ), Tata Steel (NS: TISC ), Tata Power (NS: TTPW ), Tata Consumer Products (NS: TACN ), Indian Hotels (NS: IHTL ), Trent (NS: TREN ), Tata Elxsi (NS: TTEX ), and Tata Communications (NS: TATA ).
Further, Tata Chemicals (NS: TTCH ) will be excluded from the Nifty Tata Group 25% Cap index, while Indian Hotels will be added to the 10-scrip index starting March 31.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.