ICICI Direct, in its recent report, has projected that the Nifty could reach between 20,700 and 21,000 by the end of CY23. This projection is based on historical data indicating that September investments typically yield profitable returns.
Despite a 4% correction from Nifty's life high of 20,222 due to global volatility, primarily fueled by the higher rate regime in the U.S. and escalating crude oil prices, an average gain of 9% has been observed. The price parity of the June-December 2022 rally suggests a target of 21,000 by December 2023 with strong support at 18,700.
The report also highlights sectors such as BFSI, auto, infra & realty as potential leaders of this anticipated rally. ICICI Direct's hot picks include prominent names like HDFC Bank (NS: HDBK ), HAL, L&T, and Maruti Suzuki (NS: MRTI ).
In addition to this, the report indicates a shallow nature of correction across mid and smallcap space. A breakout above multi-year highs suggests further potential for a midcap rally. This observation points towards a potential surge in these sectors in the coming months.
This article was generated with the support of AI and reviewed by an editor. For more information see our T&C.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.