By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- While the financial year 2022-23 has been nothing short of a rollercoaster ride, it has cemented how resilient domestic investors behaved despite the year presenting one headwind after another in the markets.
The second half of FY22 was majorly dictated by soaring inflation figures, leading to imminent aggressive interest rate hikes by the US Fed, along with the Russia-Ukraine disturbances resulting in a war breaking out in Feb 2022 and continues without any major sign of de-escalation.
All these factors sent oil prices flying to their 14-year peaks, rattling global markets.
- Nifty zoomed 19% in FY22 and 5% in March despite the month being turbulent.
- 30-scrip Sensex gained 18.3% in the FY, surging 5.5% in March 2022.
- Investor wealth soared over Rs 59.75 lakh crore in FY22.
- In March, domestic investors gained more than Rs 12 lakh crore and over Rs 5 lakh crore in 2022 so far.
- Broader markets outperformed their headline peers, as NIFTY Midcap 100 and NIFTY Smallcap 100 surged over 25%.
- Sectoral indices Nifty Media and Nifty Metal have rallied over 50% in FY22.
- Also, Nifty Media hit a 6-month high in March 2022, rising over 15%.
- Nifty snapped its 2-month losing streak in March and posted the best result in 7 months.
- Besides Nifty Auto , all sectoral indices listed on the Nifty basket ended the month in green.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.