By Malvika Gurung
Nifty Midcap 100 surpassed the 40,000 mark for the first time ever on September 5, 2023, and neared the 40,300 level later in the session, scaling a record high of 40,271 during the intraday trade and jumping 1.1%.
Nifty Smallcap 100 spiked 1.2% on Tuesday and recorded a new lifetime high of 12,701.05 in the session.
The two broad market indices have been witnessing a bull streak for the past seven sessions, zooming up to 8.3% during the period.
The midcap and smallcap indices have continued to showcase a strong upswing despite warnings of high valuations and caution from market experts.
So far in the calendar year 2023, Nifty Midcap 100 and Nifty Smallcap 100 have rallied 27.7% and 30.12%, respectively, outperforming the benchmark indices Nifty 50 and Sensex , which rose 8% and 9.95% in the period.
Investors should tread in the small-cap and mid-cap spaces with caution, given the build-up of a lot of frothy valuations in the segments, stated Nilesh Shah, MD of Kotak Mahindra (NS: KTKM ) AMC, as per Business Line.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
It's perfect time to choose mid cap stock for long time .Like 0