By Aditya Raghunath
Market analysts have said that there are no signs of weakness or reduced sentiment in the market but Nifty took to take a breather near 17,200 levels.
All eyes will be on the two IPOs that are scheduled to launch today: Specialty chemical maker Ami Organics and healthcare chain Vijaya Diagnostics. August was not a good month for IPOs with over 70% of the companies that listed still trading below their issue prices. Markets have seen relentless buying for a week. Will the positive sentiment help these IPOs?
The last two trading days in August saw foreign institutional investors (FIIs) reverse their selling strategies and start buying Indian equities but FIIs still ended up net sellers in June to the tune of Rs 2,568.52 crore.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.