By Aditya Raghunath
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NS: SUN ) was the breakout stock today, closing up 10.04% after it reported stellar numbers for Q1 FY22. Net profit came in at Rs 1,444.17 crore compared to a loss of Rs 1,655.6 in the corresponding quarter last fiscal. Cipla Ltd. (NS: CIPL ) also closed up 4.24%. In IT, Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ) gained 7.08%.
Nifty Midcap 50 gained 1.38% today. SRF Ltd (NS: SRFL ) closed up 9.25% while Ashok Leyland Ltd. (NS: ASOK ), Sun TV Network Ltd (NS: SUTV ) and Mahanagar Gas Ltd (NS: MGAS ) gained over 5% each. Bank of India (NS: BOI ) closed up 4.75%.
Nifty reached a high of 15,862 today. However, every time it looks to break the 15,900 barrier, selling pressure sets in. Bajaj Finance Ltd (NS: BJFN ), Bajaj Finserv Ltd (NS: BJFS ), State Bank Of India (NS: SBI ) and Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) lost over 2% each.
Markets gave up their gains at the fag-end of the trading sessions due to weakness in Europe. European stock markets weakened Friday, with investors focused on a fresh reversal of market sentiment in China. FTSE 100 is down 0.91%, Lyxor UCITS CAC 40 (DR) D-EUR (PA: CAC ) is down 0.25% and DAX is down 0.87% as of this report.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.