By Aditya Raghunath
Nifty has closed at 16,280. Market experts say that a strong close over 16,300 could see the next phase of the rally extending to 16,600 levels.
Bharti Airtel Ltd. (NS: BRTI ) led Nifty gains at 3.78%. Tech Mahindra Ltd (NS: TEML ) gained 2.76% while Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (NS: HDFC ) and Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd. (NS: KTKM ) gained over 1.5% each.
Shree Cements Ltd. (NS: SHCM ) led the losers list with a drop of 4.05%, followed by JSW Steel Ltd (NS: JSTL ) at 3.59%. Tata Steel Ltd (NS: TISC ) lost 2.84% while Hindalco Industries Ltd. (NS: HALC ) and Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (NS: PGRD ) lost over 2% each.
Reliance Industries Ltd (NS: RELI ) gained 0.38% today on news that it will invest $50 million in Ambri Inc, a US-based green energy company.
Hinduja Global Solutions Ltd (NS: HGSL ) hit its upper circuit limit after it announced a divestment of its healthcare business to Barings Private Equity Asia for $1.2 billion.
US stocks are set to open largely unchanged, with investors still digesting the ongoing corporate earnings season. As of this report, Dow Jones 30 Futures and S&P 500 Futures were down less than 0.1% each while Nasdaq 100 Futures were up less than 0.1%.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
do sips continue in these see saw session. whether you choose quality stocks or do any growth oriented direct mutual funds are the best way to be continued for longer periods of time.Like 0
market is now in strong resistance, keep book profitLike 1
today only nifty 50 index was moving, rest all sectors was collapsing.Like 0
mkt will crashLike 3