Nifty Continue To Move Higher This Week After Another Bumper Day for Burger King
By Aditya Raghunath
Investing.com -- The last 5-7 trading sessions have witnessed a sporadic pattern with Indian markets. They either open lower or drop in the red around mid-day and then the last 30-60 minutes witness harried buying as the markets end in the green.
Today was no different as the Nifty and BSE Sensex saw profit booking until 2 PM before markets made a sharp rally and ended with very modest gains. Nifty was up 0.07% and BSE Sensex 30 ended up 0.02%. Bajaj Finance (NS: BJFN ) closed up 5.13% while Bajaj FinServ gained 4.18% today. Eicher Motors (NS: EICH ) ended up 3.1%.
Subscribers who were lucky to have gotten allotted Burger King India Ltd (NS: BURG ) shares had another bumper day with shares rising up 20% to Rs 162. Burger King shares are now up 170% from their issue price of Rs 60.
Nifty Auto ended up 0.62% while Bank Nifty was down 0.18% today. HDFC Bank (NS: HDBK ), however, bucked the trend to gain 1.48% at day’s close. Crude oil continues to hold strong over $47.
Other big news
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration will release its analysis of data from the stage 3 trial of Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccine, a preliminary step toward the granting of emergency use authorization, which may come by the end of the week.
The European Union added to Big Tech’s regulatory woes, publishing a draft regulation on digital services and markets with provisions allowing it to break up companies if they repeatedly offend.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Making good money in this bull run. Thanks to FIIs buying.Like 1
don't know the direction continually forming dojiLike 0
Nifty just taking a breath before long run to 14000.Like 0
it is so stretched now can break any time ,balloon is ready to burst, be safe and carefulLike 0
pump the balloon till it became bubble 🤣Like 1
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or