Nifty Bank Tech View, Upside Targets; Nifty Bank Futures Rise
By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The domestic indices ended on a higher note on Monday amid firm global cues and broad-based gains across sectors on Dalal Street, led by a rally in IT stocks and supported by banking, financial, auto and metal stocks.
The key sectoral index Nifty Bank ended 0.93% higher at 42,582.75 points on Monday after hitting the session’s high at 42,716.8. Nifty Bank Futures rose 0.9% to 42,741.
In a note provided to Investing.com, Kunal Shah, Senior Technical Analyst at LKP Securities states that Nifty Bank experienced some buying momentum and held the support level of 42,000, where aggressive put writing was observed.
“The is stuck in a broad range between 42,000 and 43,000, and a break on either side will provide a clear direction. The index within the range remains in a buy-on-dip mode, indicating upside targets of 42,900/43,000,” he adds.
All the constituents of the 12-scrip index ended higher on Monday, led by an over 3% gain in IndusInd Bank (NS: INBK ), followed by private lenders Axis Bank (NS: AXBK ), Bandhan Bank (NS: BANH ) and Kotak Mahindra Bank (NS: KTKM ).
Shares of the country’s largest lender State Bank of India (NS: SBI ) jumped 4.81% during the session, ending 1.17% higher at Rs 607.7 apiece.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or