By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- The key sectoral index Nifty Bank ended 0.89% or 366.15 points higher at 41,648.35 points on Tuesday, with constituent stocks ending on a mixed note.
In a note provided to Investing.com, Kunal Shah, Senior Technical Analyst at LKP Securities pointed out that the Nifty Bank index managed to hold the support level of 41,000, where the ‘huggers open interest is built up on the put side’.
He noted that the index surpassed the immediate hurdle of 41,500, which had the highest open interest build-up on the call side.
“The index's next hurdle is at 42000 and once surpassed will witness sharp short covering towards 43,000-43,500 levels,” Shah added.
The public sector lender stock Bank of Baroda (NS: BOB ) was the best performer on the 12-scrip sectoral index, surging 2.5% in the session, followed by gains made by top private sector lenders ICICI Bank (NS: ICBK ) and Axis Bank (NS: AXBK ).
Further, Bank NIFTY Futures ended 0.78% higher at 41,705.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Sanjiv Bhasin, Rakesh Damani had given a call yesterday that IDFC First Bank 1st Target is 63 and 2nd target of 66. As Promoters have increased stake to 39.99% this is max in any Public Bank and profits are getting doubled.Like 0
@ Raj Thete- Brother that might be your assumptions as Market is never predictable such straightLike 2
Tomorrow 42000 hurdle will be braked 1000%Like 4